Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 33

Reading: Philippians 2: 5-11

from St. Louis du Montfort: The Secret of the Rosary, #65

Reflection and Response:
Whenever I was a freshman in college, I attended an Awakening retreat through St. Mary's in College Station.  Commonly called "Aggie Awakening".  And there was some group discussion that involved drawing on the table (we're college kids, ya know) on what does it look like to be Christ. Or something like that. ...it was a long time ago...

The image that came up in my head was a mirror.  Me looking into the mirror. And in the reflection in the mirror, I do not see myself, but rather Christ.  Not saying that I am Christ, but that I should be a reflection of Christ for the Son is the perfect living image of the Father.  And so, whenever I need reminding of how my life should be, I should remember the mirror. In order for me to be a reflection of Christ, I must be a practicing disciple of Him...that I shouldn't see myself in the mirror but Christ!

And so, in order to help seeing myself as a reflection of Christ, I surrender myself to the hands of Mary who can help mold me to be a better reflection of her Son.

It has a been a great spiritual journey preparing to make the Act of Total Consecration.  It has allowed me to reflect on myself, on Mary, and on Jesus in a deeper way that I couldn't have done so in my typical spiritual life.  33 days of prep and now it is time!

Before I make the Act of Total Consecration to the Blessed Mother, I will say a full Rosary and make the Act on the feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD