Search This Blog

Monday, November 10, 2014

Total Consecration 2014

Last year, I did a Total Consecration to Jesus Through Mary. This was mostly to help prayerfully prepare for my pilgrimage to World Youth Day in Rio De Janeiro. However, it also served as a way to enter into a deeper relationship to Christ through His Blessed Mother.

Making an act of total consecration should be a yearly thing, and for this year I decided to renew my consecration on a different Marian feast day. Last year, I made my act on total consecration on the feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel primarily because it was the major Marian feast day before leaving for Rio. This year, I wanted to switch feast days to align more with one I already have a devotion to and that would be Our Lady of Guadalupe. After all, St. Juan Diego is my patron saint. :-)

For more info on what the Total Consecration to Jesus Through Mary is, you can check out Dr. Taylor Marshall's blog post on it or his podcast.

Like last year, I'll attempt at blogging each day as I'm going through the daily reflections and prayers.

This year, I'll be using Fr. Brian McMaster's book, Totus Tuus. Maybe he was my associate pastor when I was in college, before he went and became vocations director for that diocese. And he's a Fightin' Texas Aggie (WHOOP!).



Ad Jesum per Mariam
- JD

To get your own copy of Fr. Brian's book, click here:
Totus Tuus: A Consecration to Jesus Through Mary with Saint John Paul II