Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Total Consecration 2014: Day 4

Reading - John 14: 15-21

from Pope St. John Paul II - Dominum et Vivicantem, par. 10

Reflection:
Jesus tells us that He will send us another Counselor, another Advocate. This being the Holy Spirit. He knows that He will no longer walk among us on earth anymore, but that doesn't mean He, God, will leave us alone. He will still be with us, but in the person of the Holy Spirit, guiding us in love. But not love in the way that we understand it in the modern world, but really the eternal exchange of love that is the Trinity. How does the Trinity love? As a gift.

Pope St. John Paul II writes
It is the Holy Spirit who is the personal expression of this self-giving, of this being-love. He is Person-Love. He is Person-Gift.
Am I aware of the Holy Spirit, and am I aware of Him that the Holy Spirit is an expression of God's self-gift to me? I ponder His works and His guidance and most certainly I wouldn't be where I'm at today were it not for the Holy Spirit.

Response:
Mary gives me a great example of responding to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. After all, it is through her fiat, her "yes!", that she bore Jesus. She was so open to the Holy Spirit because of her faith.

In my prayers, and throughout the day, I'll reflect on how can I be more receptive to the Holy Spirit like Mary.

Totus tuus,
- JD

I am using Fr. Brian McMaster's Totus Tuus for preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. Pick up your own copy on Amazon!