Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Total Consecration 2014: Day 3

Reading: John 14: 6-11

from Pope St. John Paul II: General Audience, January 13, 1999, par. 4

Reflection:
I know in the Old Testament, God revealed Himself in unique ways, particularly to Adam and Eve, Abraham, Noah, and the list goes on. But after a time, when He sent His only Son, He revealed Himself in such a very real and relatable way.

God reaches out to us through His Son in a way that we can tangibly experience and encounter Him.


And as Jesus tells us in John 14:
I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. ... He who has seen me has seen the Father.
God made us to love us. And we are made to love. It is written in our hearts to desire God who made us. Therefore, we inherently seek being united with Him again. Mysteriously, He reveals Himself through His Son who is the only way to Him, the Father.

It kind of enforces the idea that we're adopted sons and daughters of God from Day 1. And the way we can reach the Father is only through His Son. Every action of the Son is also the action of the Father. And just considering the entirety of the Gospels, it's mind-boggling the demonstration of love that God has for us as shown through His Son.

How awesome!

Response:
I'll take this day to reflect on how Jesus reveals the Father. That's going to be an extra level of deep because I'm often struggling wondering how my day-to-day life reveals Jesus.

And as I go through my day, I'll strive to remember God's love for me as His adopted son.

Totus tuus,
-JD

I am using Fr. Brian McMaster's Totus Tuus to prepare for Total Consecration. Get your copy here:


Sistine Chapel ceiling // Wikipedia