Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 20

Reading: 1 Corinthians 1: 4-8

from St. Louis du Montfort: True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, #44

Reflection:
God gives me sufficient grace to turn to Him. No more, no less. It just becomes a matter of whether I respond to His grace and how I respond to His grace.

The most exemplary person who has ever lived and who responded to God's grace in a very profound way is none other than Mary. The angel Gabriel acknowledged her as being "full of grace."  She was so full of grace that the stain of original sin and concupiscence were unknown to her.  What a statement God makes to  fill a human being with so much grace! But it makes sense though, because Mary is the God-bearer when the Word Made Flesh is conceived in her womb.

Someone so full of grace and so loving would probably desire to share it.  So these next few days in the preparation are meant to grow closer to Mary in order to share in the graces that she has received and for her to direct me closer to her Son, like she always does.

Thinking about all the aspects of my life that need the grace of God, I realize that I have quite a few.  But, I think I need the most in being able to trust Him.  Trust in a surrendering sort of way.  I'm sure there's a proper Catholic word for that...

Response:
I'll ask Mary to help me obtain the grace needed to be more trusting in God.  This is a constant struggle, and from today I realized that I need her help, now and at the hour of my death.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD