Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 32

Reading: 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26

from St. Louis du Montfort: The Love of Eternal Wisdom, #71

Reflection & Response:
The principal reason why I am Catholic is because of the Eucharist.  For this is Jesus Christ truly present: body, blood, soul, and divinity!  And such a gift and blessing that we unworthily receive in the holy sacrifice of the Mass that Jesus should come to us in the humble form of bread! It is unfathomable and utterly mysterious that my Lord and my God presents Himself in this way so that I may be in communion with Him.

The famous saying goes that
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
 And maybe God knew this all along.  O_o  Well...I mean, He did create us...

And so, He doesn't appear to us sitting on thrones or hidden under diamonds or out of the blue.  Rather, He instituted the Eucharist so that He becomes the very nourishment of body and soul in an effort to reach out to our hearts, our very core being.  And there, He rejoices in unifying Himself with us.

Over the recent years, I've spent more time in Adoration and have gained better appreciation of Mass because of the Eucharist.  I dunno, I suppose I've had some great consolations regarding the Eucharist since high school (none of which I've talked about here so far) and my love for the Eucharist only grows and grows. So much so that I now only receive the Eucharist on my tongue for I am too much of a worm to receive Him on my hand...and better yet, I kneel to receive as well because I'm so unworthy and cannot think of a better way to lower myself before the Lord (and it's legit to do so).

My busy work schedule has kept me from attending Daily Masses and typical parish Adoration times...but I should make a more concerted effort in restoring my attendance to such things so that I can spend more time with Jesus. In the Eucharist.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD