Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 27

Reading: John 15: 1-5

from St. Louis du Montfort: True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, #61

Reflection:
One week away from making my Act of Total Consecration.  This last week will be focused on the knowledge of Jesus.

Jesus is the ultimate end to any of our devotions in the Catholic faith.  It only makes sense to "save the best for last" in this journey through preparing for the Total Consecration.  He is the vine, I am one of the branches.  If I bear bad fruit, then I will be let go.  But if I were to grow good fruit, I will be pruned and trimmed as to be more abundant.

Jesus is everything that I need in this life.  It is through Him that I have life.

Response:
Therefore, I must unite myself to Christ.  On a daily basis, I often forget to unite all my words, thoughts, and actions to Christ.  I've often been distracted or place other things higher priority than Jesus. And I sin too.

And I should't do that anymore. I must be open to and actively pursue to be united to Christ. So that I can bear good fruit.

Ad Jesum per Mariam
- JD