Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 26

Reading: 2 Corinthians 3:18

from St. Louis du Montfort: True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, #219-221

Reflection:
In recent years, I've begun to think of Mary as the perfect or most exemplary Christian.  I like St. Louis du Montfort's analogy of Mary as a mold.  Molds make things easier to image, and I can vouch for this through my engineering background.  It is easier to form plastic from a mold that is in the shape desired than it is to start with a chunk of plastic and whittle it down to a LEGO piece.  Mary is the mold through which Jesus came from.  He took on His human likeness because of her.  She had to be the perfect mold to mold perfection.

Response:
So then, in the pursuit of being more Christ-like, I would say that I need to mold myself to be more Mary-mold-ish in order to be transformed in Christ.

Am I willing to? Am I scared? Is this attractive?

I am willing.  But I'm not sure how it will play out and that is not reassuring.  But, I know that this is way to go because the way to Christ is a difficult path, but it is only this path that will bring joy and peace.

Ad Jesum per Mariam
- JD