Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 24

Reading: Matthew 6: 19-21

from St. Louis du Montfort: True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, #178

Reflection:
Everything in this worldly life has a finite end.  That's why treasures shouldn't be kept here on earth, but rather in heaven.  Because...heaven is eternal. Not only that, but things treasured in heaven are free from decay and wrongdoing.  Nothing rusts, nothing can be stolen...according to Matthew's Gospel.

Mary is the gate of heaven.  Through her, God's perfection dwelled and through Him, heaven opened up.  As St. Louis du Montfort put it, Mary is a "spiritual vessel" to where we can submit our treasures.

What are some "treasures" that I have? I'm blessed with a good family, good friends, the gift of being easy-going with joyful optimism even in stressful times, the graces to be able to grow deeper in my faith when it is so easy for me not to, and many other things.  The thing I treasure the most is my life.  It is truly a gift and even though I haven't lived it out the way I originally planned...(well, that's the problem...my plans)...my life seems to be working the way it should.

Response:
And so I entrust all these treasures to Mary, who is the gate of heaven and a resident herself.  She can help store my treasures in heaven where they will be free from decay and wrongdoing for all eternity.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD