Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 22

Reading: Romans 8: 28-30

from St. Louis du Montfort: The Secret of Mary, #11-12

Reflection:
St. Louis du Montfort brings up a good point that I hadn't reflected too much on...
As in the natural life a child must have a father and a mother, so in the supernatural life of grace a true child of the Church must have God for his Father and Mary for his mother.
I mean, it makes sense! Being Catholic, we're always making visible, natural signs of supernatural realities.  If I have a mom and dad in the natural life, that must be mean I should have a mom and dad in the supernatural life.  With God as my Father and Mary as my mother, and mom and dad...I really get that filial feeling.  And that sense of belonging to a family.

Since this week is focused on the knowledge of Mary...what does it mean for her to be my mother? I think she helps bridges the gap between me and Jesus in terms of how intimate of a relationship she shares with Him.  With Mary as our Mother...Jesus and I share this intimate relationship with her and through that relationship, unity.

She's also the perfect mother.  She has to be the perfect mother because she is the Mother of God! Maybe the Beetles weren't joking when they let it be that
When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
because she really has been there for me in recent history during troubled times.  She has the most comforting embrace as a mother, the most caring kiss on the forehead as a mother, and the most understanding gaze as a mother.

Thank you Jesus for giving us your mother!

Response:
Whenever I get discouraged and dejected (and it happens a lot), I will seek the help of Our Blessed Mother.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD