Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 11

Reading: James 1:21-27

from St. Louis Du Montfort: True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, #101

Reflection:
I think today's reading and words from St. Louis Du Montfort speak well to me.  Since my involvement in volunteering for my parish, I've really taken to heart this idea of "putting my faith into action." And so I wear many hats and do many things regarding my faith.  I'm becoming more and more than just a simple pew-warmer who listens and nods.  Words speak loud, but actions speak louder.

But where St. Louis du Montfort is kicking my butt is him stressing the necessity to be constant.  This is where I need work.  According to him, devotion to Our Lady demands constancy even in times of difficulty and challenge.  Am I able to maintain that level constancy if I can't seem to be constant in my non-Marian devotions?

Response:
I tend to have cycles in whether I feel up to praying a Rosary during my commute home from work.  I'm a Knight of Columbus and we need to pray the Rosary on a daily basis, but I've grown lax in doing so over the past several months.

I've also grown lax in praying Night Prayer from Liturgy of the Hours every day.  How embarrassing since I've invested in a print Christian Prayer book...

My resolution is to have renewed effort in doing a daily Rosary and Night Prayer.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD