Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Total Consecration: Day 2

Reading: Luke 14: 28-30

St. Louis Du Montfort: The Secret of Mary, #4

Reflection:
I am set out to do something pretty substantial in doing this Total Consecration to Mary.  But have I made note of its cost? Yes, it will take time.  Yes, it will take effort.  I'm not going to feel motivated to do the daily preparations each and every single day leading up to the day of consecration, but in all humility and obedience...I must deny my self in moments of desiring comfort and weakness.

For example...today...I had a long and tired day at work and after work, I had a retreat to run.  By the time I dismissed the retreat for the night and had time to go through Day 2, it was already near midnight and I am exhausted.  But, luckily I am not alone in preparing for the Total Consecration.

So probably the biggest struggle for me in where I am in my life right now is simply finding the time to go through these daily preparations.  I have decided that I shall do these before going to bed each night, simply because most of the rest of the day is not practical for me.  Yes, I will be tired and unmotivated most of the time, but that's part of the challenge to overcome.  Yes, it will probably not be at the same time each night.  But this will be the condition for me to go to bed.

If I am to do this...I must take it seriously and finish it.  Therefore, I must be convicted in my commitment.  I cannot be like the type of disciple that Jesus spoke of in today's reading who tries to build a tower but doesn't consider its costs and thus cannot complete it.

Time. My cost is time.

Ad Jesum per Mariam,
- JD