Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Total Consecration 2014: Day 33


Reading:
John 20: 1-18

from Pope St. John Paul II:
General Audience, May 10, 2000

Reflection:
I've mentioned sometime before on this blog (I think, and I can't seem to find the link) that the entirety of our Christian faith is pointless unless Jesus really did rise from the dead. Continuing on with the theme of not remembering where things are exactly, I'm fairly certain that St. Paul also mentions that to the Corinthians or something.

The Resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. What sticks out to me in John's account of the resurrection is the sense of urgency among Mary Magdalene and the apostles that she talked to. That sense of urgency must come from this strong desire to encounter the Lord once more because they love Him so much and miss Him.

And more strikingly, how Mary Magdalene was so deeply worried that Jesus' body got taken away and she wept outside of the tomb. The ironic thing is that Jesus and some angels show up and talk to her. But she doesn't recognize who they are.  It's not until Jesus calls her by name that she recognizes Him.

These past 33 days have been a spiritual adventure in allowing me to dive deeper in my relationship with Christ. Going forward, I can be more aware of Jesus present throughout my life, but knowing me, it'll take Jesus calling me by name for me to recognize Him. But I needn't be worried because our Blessed Mother also points the way towards her son. By drawing near to her, I grow closer to Jesus, even if I don't recognize Him immediately.

Response:
Making that act of total consecration to Jesus.

And preparing further through prayer, confession, Rosary, fasting, etc.

And keeping a habit of the spiritual fruits I've gained while preparing for this Total Consecration.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!

Totus tuus,
- JD

Empty tomb // TurnBackToGod.com