Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Total Consecration 2014: Day 26


Reading:
John 19: 25-30

from Pope St. John Paul II:
Redemptoris Mater, 45

Reflection:
Maybe like a week ago, the reflections were surrounding this idea that we're adopted sons and daughters of God. So if God's only begotten Son is Jesus, and Mary is Jesus' mother...then perhaps in this sequence of logic, we can conclude that Mary is also our mother.

But wait! I didn't even need to reason that out because Jesus entrusts to us His mother. From the cross, He says to John, the beloved disciple, "Behold, your mother!" after which John took her into his own home. Jesus gives His mother, Mary, to us. Where John literally took her into his own home, I begin to ask myself do I take her into my own home? My very own inner life? As my own mother? This notion really stresses the mother and child relationship that Mary and Jesus definitely shared, and shares with us all. She is our mother in a very concrete way as revealed by her Son.

Response:
As Mary is my mother, naturally I go to her for when I'm in need (for her to intercede for me to her Son). It's been a blessed week with quality time spent with great people or getting to know awesome people better. But there are still areas I've had struggles with in the past week. And for those, I'll bring to Mary. My mother.

Totus tuus,
- JD