Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Total Consecration 2014: Day 31


Readings:
Luke 22:14-20
John 6: 53-56

from Pope St. John Paul II:
Ecclesia de Eucharistia, 11

Reflection:
If there was one thing I learned from high school religious education from when I was in high school, it's that the Eucharist really is Jesus. For most of us practicing Catholics, that's such a no brainer but it's so incredibly paramount to our faith. The source and summit, if you will. It makes Christ's sacrifice so real and because it is so real, I really get a sense of His saving work for us. Not just that, but really, in the most personal way too.  It's been through the Eucharist that I've been able to grow in a personal relationship to Christ. And it's because of the Eucharist that I so desire to receive that I strive for a life of holiness to worthily receive that which my soul grasps for.

Response:
Mary received Jesus Body and Blood in a very unique way. I can't help but imagine what receiving the Eucharist post-Resurrection must've been like for her.  To help me further understand and contemplate that, I'll ask for her intercession prior to receiving the Eucharist.

Totus tuus,
- JD

The Last Supper by Rizzoli // Wikipedia