Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Executive Decision: Going to Poland


Back in 2011, I made the executive decision to somehow get myself to Rio De Janeiro for World Youth Day 2013. That became realized in 2012 when I found out that my own parish would be going to Rio with another parish in the diocese.

So then, last summer I was able to go to Rio De Janeiro for World Youth Day. And that. was. amazing. Really awesome trip! I was the unofficial blogger for our group, and you can see our stories, pictures, and videos here: SEAS & St. Thomas Aquinas @ WYD Rio '13.

We weren't able to go the closing Mass at WYD Rio, but we were able to see some of the live stream at our hostel a mile away from Copacabana Beach (where the Mass was).  When we heard that the next World Youth Day would be held in Krakow, Poland in 2016, I immediately made the executive decision to go.

I kind of figured that attending these World Youth Days is a good excuse for me to travel the world and renew my joy for the Catholic faith as I deepen it with millions of others through an event of grand scale such as World Youth Day.

This time around, I already know that I'm for sure going (God willing!), and the wheels have already begun turning for me to go to Krakow in 2016.

Can't. Wait.

A teaser video:


-JD

WYD 2016 Krakow // Seton Magazine