Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Finally! One Kindle Book To Own Them All!

I just got done reading Answering Atheism by Trent Horn minus some of the rather lengthy appendices with arguments against the classical arguments for the existence of God. Whenever I turned that last Kindle app page, I decided that I haven't read a book for fun in a long while! I mean, I read for fun just not like in a fiction sort of way. Most of the recent books that I've read have been for Catholic intellectual pursuits, and the last time I entered through the pages of a land of wonder was in Alagaesia with Eragon when I finished Inheritance over a year ago.

Some of the books that I've read recently, before Answering Atheism, were about different things. Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen taught me that love requires a third Person in Three To Get Married, C.S. Lewis showed me four different kinds of love in The Four Loves, and a witty commentary on What's Wrong With The World by G.K. Chesterton.

I have a very real problem of not having enough physical space to hold all the books I have read already and all the books that I want to read. Therefore, thank goodness that there exists such magical things as smartphones and eReaders-that-also-have-apps like Kindle.


There are so many books I want to read on the fictional side of things that I had a little bit of a rough time deciding which one to go with. Being the engineer that I am, I wanted something that fulfilled a particular set of requirements:
  • Must be a Kindle book because I have the app and no shelf space
  • Must be a fictional work, particularly of a genre that I appreciate
  • Mustn't be a Catholic book for intellectual/spiritual growth and knowledge
Thumbing through my Amazon wishlist, it turned out I had a list of books/series that fulfilled those requirements. Dang it.

Meh, I went with The Lord of the Rings (the trilogy, to own them all) because it is time that I finally read it.

Yesssssssssss
It's been a while since I've seen the movies so the story ought to be fresh for me once again, especially now that I'll be entering into it via the pen of Tolkien rather than the film of Jackson.

$10 later, I can't wait to start it!

About time.
- JD

Gollum smile from British Fan Girl blog