Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Favorite Verses: Day 7


Matthew 11: 28-30
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Full passage here.

I've been dealing with a lot of internal struggles lately. Really, throughout my recent life, I've had to deal with internal struggles. It's very burdensome sometimes, especially lately. I've come to better appreciate and realize that I cannot handle these burdens on my own.

That's why these verses give me comfort. I don't need to be the only one to bear these burdens. I'm learning more and more that I can offer up my burdens to Christ, whose yoke is easy and burden is light. I relate this back to carrying my cross. Sometimes it feels like my cross grows all the more to the point where it seems absolutely impossible for me to carry it. Yet Christ, if I allow Him, helps me bear that burden. Only then do I find peace and rest.

Lord Jesus Christ, you carried the burden of the sins of the world. Even then, it was not too great for you. Grant me the grace to look towards you when my burdens seem too great. In your name, I pray. Amen.

- JD

Yoke // Mission Venture Ministries